Sunday, November 9, 2008

Dance Battle and Poetry and a Beverage

So this weekend was so much fun! On friday night there was a university dance battle and there were dance crews from BYU Idaho, Utah State, BYU, Boise State, and some other people from Salt Lake and all around that came. It was put on by Best Buddies to raise money for the club that we have through the service center here at USU that pairs college students with handicapped/special needs people in our community. We stayed after and had a dance party and then after I met some of the dancers, it was cool! The dancing was amazing and it inspired me (and my awesome roommate) to make a lil music video. It was hilarious and I'm going to post it for your viewing pleasure. 
Saturday night was Poetry and Beverage, where people can come and read poetry or play songs they wrote, or basically say whatever is on their minds if they want, all while enjoying free and delicious beverages (this time it was italian sodas). It is basically an open mic night. I read a pretty poem about sunflowers and then did a ridiculous song with my friends. It was fun as always. Thats all for now :)
its on facebook here's the link


No comments: